2018 ONA Annual Convention - Empowering Nurses: Inspire. Innovate. Influence
October 24th & 25th at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Tulsa, OK
Call for Proposals
We invite you to submit a presentation or poster related to the topics listed below. The strength of the ONA Convention has always been a superb array of educational activities, which directly relate to nursing. By reaching across specialties and practice settings, convention presentations should strive to enhance the skills for nurses in all phases of their nursing career. We will continue this tradition this year with engaging speakers and four rounds of breakout sessions.
Breakout sessions will be held on Thursday, October 25th. Each of the four breakout sessions will have two concurrent 60-minute sessions. The Convention Committee invites you to submit one or more proposals for each presentation type most applicable to you. Convention participants should be able to say, "Something I learned today will impact or enhance my professional practice." They should be able to clearly identify ideas learned that will directly impact or enhance their professional practice.
The Convention Committee will review posters based on categories. Whether you are a first time poster presenter or a seasoned presenter, we encourage you to submit your work for this year’s Convention! Both primary and secondary research is acceptable.
- Concurrent Session Presentation (60 minutes - 8 available) Deadline June 30th
- Poster Presentation (written format; 30 minute staffed session) Deadline June 30th
- Clinical Practice & Research
- Theory, Concept, Teaching Papers & Research
- Literature Review
- Clinical Simulations
- Conflict Resolution/Disruptive Behavior
- Health Disparities in Oklahoma
- End of Life Care
- Health & Wellness
- Leadership (Clinical & Academic)
- Mental Health
- Nursing Research
- Nursing Specialty Topics
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Population Health Management
- Political Advocacy in Nursing
- Practice Innovation - Clinical topics
- Self-care/Stress Management
- Share Research Findings
- Social Determinates of Health
- Status and Trends in Organ Transplant
- Using evidence based practice
Submit Proposal Online
Submissions must include
- Abstract (not to exceed 500 words)
- Learning Outcomes
- Point of Contact
- Author(s) and credentials
- Note: Authors may submit multiple proposals. This will be a competitive selection process.
- Presentation and Poster Submission Deadline: June 30th
If your presentation proposal is accepted
- You will be notified by July 20th and asked to present on Thursday, October 25, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Tulsa, OK.
- You will be required to complete and sign CNE credentialing forms, which will be emailed to you.
- You should be prepared to engage the 25-50 attendees expected for each concurrent session.
- You will be required to submit electronics versions of all handouts to the ONA via email by October 5, 2018.
- Up to two presenters may receive a 40% discount on Convention registration (discount can not be applied to student registration rate).
If your poster is accepted
- You will be notified by July 20th. If possible, we ask that you hang your poster on Wednesday, Oct. 24th. There will be a networking reception on Wednesday at 4pm for attendees and poster presenters. You will need to be available on Thursday, October 25, 2018 during the poster presentation break.
- You are required to staff your poster only during a portion of Convention.
- Suggested maximum size of posters (no tri-folds please): 36" by 48"
- You may receive a 25% discount on one Convention registrations.
If you have questions regarding the process of creating a poster, watch this video
to view the Scientific Research Poster Tutorial Series
. If you need further assistance, please call the ONA office.
Please Note: All submissions must be made online. For assistance, please call 405-840-3476 or email email@example.com.